08.12.2021 – Protein fractionation by Fraunhofer IGB
09.12.2021 – Extrusion technologies by DIL e.V.
Application fee: 795,00€ p.P.
Application via DreamApply: (ThinkTech! Alternative Proteins)
The ThinkTech! educational program will enable participants to develop skills related to novel food processing technologies focusing on technical aspects, as well as the related soft skills. Thus, participants’ critical thinking on the development of sustainable food technology solutions will be enhanced, so that they are able to appraise unintended consequences like product performance or sustainability implications.
Are you interested in the implementation of advanced technologies for processing alternative proteins in your company? As alternative proteins are still a growing market segment by consumer demand, food technologists are facing the challenge to adopt novel food technologies. In the online course “Alternative Proteins”, theoretical as well as practical inputs will be given in the pilot plants of DIL e.V. and Fraunhofer IGB. We will deal with the implementation of new technologies in companies of the food industry focusing on extrusion technologies and electro-membrane filtration.
Our mission is to give you detailed theoretical and practical knowledge about several technologies and skills:
• Approaches for protein fractionation from plant and microbial sources (EMF = electro-membrane filtration, PLE = Pressurized Liquid Extraction, PCT = Pressure Change Technology)
• Extrusion technology for processing of alternative proteins
• Inspection of sustainability aspects of the production and advanced technologies
The courses are organized in cooperation between the DIL German Institute of Food Technologies e. V., the Fraunhofer Institute for Interfacial Engineering and Biotechnology IGB and the University of Helsinki and are part of the EIT Food program.
If you need more information, please contact Dr. Karin Wiesotzki via mail (email@example.com ) or phone (+49 5431 183 313)!
Who is it for?
• Professionals/specialist of food industries (and biotechnology)
• Employee of departments product innovation, product development, R&D or comparable
• DIL German Institute of Food Technologies e. V.
• Fraunhofer Institute for Interfacial Engineering and Biotechnology IGB
• University of Helsinki